Monday, May 28, 2018

Home Sweet Home

I'm here! Immediately following graduation (yes, sappy post forthcoming), my sainted dad helped Matthew and me move the 750 miles in a U-Haul to North Carolina. We stopped along the way in Atlanta to pick up some childhood memories and a KitchenAid, splitting the trip up into a two-day drive. And here we are!

Technically Matthew and I are living in different cities-- he in Durham, I in Chapel Hill-- but our apartments are only a 15-minute drive apart. I really like the area I'm in; my place is nestled into a quiet neighborhood, but I have Food Lion, Kroger, Trader Joe's, Target, ReStore, Office Depot, a fantastic library, several thrift stores, and a Catholic church all within a very short drive. There's also supposed to be a regular farmers' a few blocks away, though I haven't made it there yet.

My new address is
2525 Booker Creek Road
Apt. 5F
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The townhouse complex is right on a wooded trail that crosses Booker Creek, ideal for a run in the morning (though I have to admit, I haven't made it to that yet either). I'm loving it so far-- quiet, recently renovated, and very affordable! Right now I'm living on my own, but once my Rhodes roommate Jenny gets back from Chile she'll be moving in as well, which I'm looking forward to.

And now the moment you've been waiting for: photos. However, I do need to include the disclaimer that I am still in the process of moving in and unemployed to boot, so you'll see lots of secondhand furniture and mismatched temporary solutions. Even so, it's feeling more like home every day!

Between Matthew and me, we managed to get the U-Haul surprisingly full.


Welcome home!
 
My dad got me these sweet flowers.

First up... living room.


The keyboard is a graduation present from my dad... it's weighted and programmed to act as much like a real piano as possible.

Here I am getting it all set up.
Yes, Matthew and I are doing a puzzle on the floor.


It's full of games and puzzles!

Moving on down the hall...

Downstairs bathroom.

Dining room.
The beautiful kitchen!





Oh, plus in-unit washer and dryer.
Going upstairs now...

At the landing, there's my room to the left, then a closet, then the upstairs bathroom, then Jenny's room (which you can't see).


My room!

I have two closets, even.

And lots of books.


I also bought a car!
As you can tell, things have been crazy but it's nice to finally feel (somewhat) settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment