The end of the semester (and my college career) has caught up with me so quickly that I've fallen woefully behind on my posting. I've had a running mental list of posts to write, but I have reconciled myself to the fact that I just won't have more time or inclination in the next few weeks so I might as well condense everything down into one giant page. In no particular order, here's what's been going on!
- I've finally decided (sort of) what I'm doing after graduation! While I toyed with the idea of attending Emory Law school, after a short visit I realized that there's a lot of other great areas out there that interest me more. So I'm currently on the job market, looking for some sort of position in science communication or technical writing. Matthew and I are moving to the Durham/Chapel Hill area (he'll be in Durham, I'll be in Chapel Hill) right after graduation. While I have tons to figure out still (job, car, apartment, you name it) I'm thrilled that we'll be just a 15-minute drive from each other.
- Matthew was recently awarded an extremely competitive National Sciences Foundation fellowship! You can read more about it here. This will help support his Ph.D. with the Duke University department of biomedical engineering. (Oh, and by the way, he's also been nominated to Phi Beta Kappa.)
- A few weekends ago, SPS held our second annual egg drop. I don't know if you remember, but I got that started last year and it was wonderful watching it take of this time around! I handed leadership of the event to a first-year and I absolutely loved what she did with it. We had around 30 girls attend the event with their parents, and they had a blast!
| Hard at work. |
| They had to make the cases light as well as sturdy. |
- The other night, Matthew and I got to attend an analysis of the 2018 midterm election by acclaimed political analyst Charlie Cook! Apparently his daughter went to school here, so he likes stopping by periodically. Anyway, it was a fascinating discussion.
Obviously, a heck of a lot has happened since I drafted this post but oh well, I'll deal with that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment